Our Miami Valley roadways are essential corridors that link our neighborhoods, workplaces and places we go to enjoy the bountiful amenities in our Region. The Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission wants to help make getting wherever you are going a little bit easier.
MVRPC created this website to provide all of the latest updates on major highway construction projects, bridge replacements and road construction detours throughout the Region. It also provides user-friendly access to route planning tools, ridesharing resources and other ideas to reduce congestion and prevent air pollution.
You can rely on www.MiamiValleyRoads.org to be the go-to source for full details and the most recent updates on these projects, including great ways that you can adjust your commute to save time, money and stress.
this week's road construction alerts, detours and closures:
- SR 201 Southbound between East New Carlisle Road and Staley Road, INTERMITTENT LANE RESTRICTIONS: January 6th from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Flaggers will help maintain traffic flow.
- I-70 between North Main Street (SR 48) and Salem Avenue (SR 49), Shoulder closure in both directions on January 19th from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. There will be short-term lane closures.
- SR 741 between Prestige Plaza Drive and Mall Woods Drive, Nightly lane closure January 20th - January 23rd from 8 pm until 7 am. One lane will remain open in each direction. *There may be brief total closures lasting about 15 minutes.
- SR 725 between Mall Park Drive and Mall Woods Drive/Prestige Plaza Drive, Nightly lane closures January 20th - January 23rd between 8 pm and 7 am. One lane will remain open in each direction. *there may be brief total closures lasting about 15 minutes.
- US 35 east Ramp to I-75 south, Lane width restriction October 24th – October 15, 2020. One 11’ eastbound lane will remain open on the ramp.
There are major improvements planned for the U.S. 35 corridor in both Greene and Montgomery Counties in the coming years.
Montgomery County - ODOT District 8
In Montgomery County, construction is currently underway and will continue until late this year on the U.S. 35-Smithville Road interchange project which will remove the northbound Smithville Road to the westbound U.S. 35 flyover ramp structure. A new access will be constructed and will tie in with the existing southbound Smithville Road to westbound U.S. 35 ramp. An additional westbound U.S. 35 lane and concrete median will be constructed to accommodate additional ramp traffic. The project will also include work on the bridge carrying Smithville Road over U.S. 35, including removing the raised island to allow for a left-turn lane and an overlay of the bridge deck and cross frames installed to unify the two structures.
Visit the ODOT District 7 Project Page to learn more.
Greene County - ODOT District 8
In Greene County, ODOT will construct two new, innovative intersections called Superstreets in an effort to improve congestion and safety at the intersections of U.S. 35 at 48 /Factory Road and U.S. 35 at Orchard Lane. The majority of heavy construction is scheduled to begin in the spring of 2020 and completed by late 2022. In addition to these major improvements, there are several other maintenance and smaller scale projects taking place in the U.S. 35 corridor in the coming years.
Visit the ODOT District 8 Project Page to learn more.
MVRPC offers simple ways that you can adjust your commute to save time, money and stress.
Be the first to know, before you go. View road restrictions and closures on Ohio roads and see in real-time how these events are affecting your commute. Receive up-to-the-minute updates on current traffic speeds, accidents or other incidents anywhere in Ohio. Visit the ohgo.com page for real-time updates for the Miami Valley Region.
For more information on transit options in the area, visit mvrpc.org/transit.
MVRPC's RIDESHARE PROGRAM, a partner of Gohio Commute
Use the links below to view the Rideshare, Vanpool and Gohio Commute pages that make sharing your commute easy, rewarding and fun!