Our Miami Valley roadways are essential corridors that link our neighborhoods, workplaces and places we go to enjoy the bountiful amenities in our Region. The Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission wants to help make getting wherever you are going a little bit easier.
MVRPC created this website to provide all of the latest updates on major highway construction projects, bridge replacements and road construction detours throughout the Region. It also provides user-friendly access to route planning tools, ridesharing resources and other ideas to reduce congestion and prevent air pollution.
You can rely on www.MiamiValleyRoads.org to be the go-to source for full details and the most recent updates on these projects, including great ways that you can adjust your commute to save time, money and stress.
this week's road construction alerts, detours and closures:
- I-75 northbound between County Road 25A (between Troy and Piqua) and US 36, traffic pattern shift April 10th at 3 am – August 31st at 6 am. One NB lane will be shifted on to the SB side of I-75. *The available lane width is 10’ with a 1’ shoulder.*
- I-75 southbound between County Road 25A (between Troy and Piqua) and US 36, traffic pattern shifts March 23rd at 1 pm – August 31st at 6 am. Two lanes will be 10' with a 1' shoulder.
- I-75 between County Road 25A (Miami County Industries Exit Piqua) and County Road 25A, lane closures in both directions, May 11th at 9 am – May 15th at 2 pm for asphalt repairs. One lane of traffic will be maintained in the area.
- US 36 between Robert Davis Parkway and Sunset Boulevard, daily lane closure May 12th at 7 am – May 22nd at 7 pm for resurfacing. Traffic will be maintained in the area.
- State Route 55 southbound between Water Street and Staunton Road, far right lane closure, May 6th at 7 am – May 15th at 5 pm for bridge repairs. One 12’ left lane will remain open. *Note: the southbound sidewalk will also be closed to pedestrians. One 12’ left lane will remain open.*
- Albany Street between Campbell Street and Kirkham Street, road closed for bridge work January 27, 2020 - August 31, 2021. Barricades and detour signs will be in place to maintain traffic.
- Bridge Closure on Loop Rd. between State Route 48 and State Route 725 for repairs, March 18th at 7 am – June 15th at 5 pm. Detour: SR-48 southbound to SR- 725 eastbound. If you are on SR-725 westbound take SR-48 northbound.
- Ramp Closures from US 35 eastbound to northbound Smithville Road, and US 35 westbound to Smithville Road, April 8th at 8 pm – June 9th at 6 am for bridgework. Detour: US 35 eastbound take the Woodman Dr. exit turn right onto Woodman and then right on Linden Avenue. US 35 westbound take the Woodman Dr. exit turn left on Woodman then turn right on Linden Avenue.
- Smithville Road between Argella Avenue and Greenlawn Avenue, traffic shifting April 8th at 7 am – June 9th at 7 am for bridgework. There will be one 11’ lane open in each direction.
- Airway Road between Smithville Road and Harshman Avenue, daily lane closure, in both directions, March 9th at 7 am – October 1st at 4 pm. One 11’ lane will remain open in each direction.
- I-70 between Crestway Drive and Diamond Mill Road, lane closure in both directions, May 11th – May 13th from 8 pm - 5 am for bridge repairs.
- I-70 between Diamond Mill Road and Brookville-Salem Road, inside shoulder closure May 7th at 10 am – May 13th at 5 pm for bridge repairs.
- Kimmel Road between West Salem Street and Wastler Road, Bridge Closure, May 11th at 7 am – August 19th at 7 am for bridge repairs. The official detour is Hoke Road to Westbrook Road to Diamond Mill Road.
- I-75 between State Route 725 and the Montgomery/Warren County line, crews will be resurfacing the middle lane on I-75 southbound on May 12th - May 13th, 8 pm - 6 am. They will need to close two lanes to perform this work. On May 13th - May 16th from 6 pm until 6 am crews will be resurfacing the right lane and outside shoulders on I-75 in both directions. They will need to close one lane to perform this work. Traffic will be maintained in the area.
- I-75 at the Lyons Road Overpass, shoulder closure in both directions, May 11th at 7 am – June 8th at 5 pm for bridge repairs.
- I-75 Southbound between West Carrollton and Dryden Road Exits, the shoulder will be closed for bridgework February 17th – July 16th from 7 am - 5 pm. All lanes of I-75 SB will remain open.
- Dryden Road at I-75, passing lane closures in both directions April 29th at 7 am – May 18th at 7 am for bridge repairs. One 12’ lane will remain open in each direction.
- State Route 741 Southbound at I-75, outside lane closure and the right lane on I-75 southbound exit ramp will close, April 29th at 7 am – May 24th at 7 am for bridge repairs. One 12’ lane will remain open.
- US 40 between National Road and Bridgewater Road, lane closures in both directions April 22nd at 7 am – June 15th at 5 pm for pavement repairs. The two-lane eastbound side will have 12’ width restriction. Flaggers will help maintain traffic in the area.
- State Route 48 southbound between South Patterson Blvd., and West Washington Street, shoulder and left sidewalk closure, May 6th at 7 am – May 13th at 5 pm. All traffic will be maintained.
- State Route 741(Springboro Pike) at I-75, traffic pattern shifts March 2nd – May 11th from 9 am until 7 am for bridge repairs. One lane of SR 741 NB will be shifted onto SR 741 SB. Traffic will be maintained in both directions.
- US 35 Westbound to I-75 Southbound, RAMP CLOSURE March 1ST at 7 pm - October 15th at 5 pm for bridge replacement. Official Detour: take I-75 NB ramp, exit 53 (Second St.), make a left on Second Street, follow signs to I-75 SB.
- US 35 east Ramp to I-75 south, lane width restriction October 24, 2019 – October 15, 2020. One 11’ eastbound lane will remain open on the ramp.
There are major improvements planned for the U.S. 35 corridor in both Greene and Montgomery Counties in the coming years.
Montgomery County - ODOT District 8
In Montgomery County, construction is currently underway and will continue until late this year on the U.S. 35-Smithville Road interchange project which will remove the northbound Smithville Road to the westbound U.S. 35 flyover ramp structure. A new access will be constructed and will tie in with the existing southbound Smithville Road to westbound U.S. 35 ramp. An additional westbound U.S. 35 lane and concrete median will be constructed to accommodate additional ramp traffic. The project will also include work on the bridge carrying Smithville Road over U.S. 35, including removing the raised island to allow for a left-turn lane and an overlay of the bridge deck and cross frames installed to unify the two structures.
Visit the ODOT District 7 Project Page to learn more.
Greene County - ODOT District 8
In Greene County, ODOT will construct two new, innovative intersections called Superstreets in an effort to improve congestion and safety at the intersections of U.S. 35 at 48 /Factory Road and U.S. 35 at Orchard Lane. The majority of heavy construction is scheduled to begin in the spring of 2020 and completed by late 2022. In addition to these major improvements, there are several other maintenance and smaller scale projects taking place in the U.S. 35 corridor in the coming years.
MVRPC offers simple ways that you can adjust your commute to save time, money and stress.
Be the first to know, before you go. View road restrictions and closures on Ohio roads and see in real-time how these events are affecting your commute. Receive up-to-the-minute updates on current traffic speeds, accidents or other incidents anywhere in Ohio. Visit the ohgo.com page for real-time updates for the Miami Valley Region.
For more information on transit options in the area, visit mvrpc.org/transit.
MVRPC's RIDESHARE PROGRAM, a partner of Gohio Commute
Use the links below to view the Rideshare, Vanpool and Gohio Commute pages that make sharing your commute easy, rewarding and fun!