A healthy community does not happen by accident. It requires a comprehensive approach covering all aspects of social, physical, and economic environments. Creating environments that promote healthy behaviors and improve health outcomes in our communities requires collaboration and partnerships between planning and health professionals.
MVRPC’s PLAN4Health – Miami Valley Initiative, launched in spring of 2021, aims to explore how planning can impact health outcomes across the Region. It is a multi-year effort with a focus on projects and programs intended to:
- Promote and advocate for “Health in All Plans and Policies.”
- Convene and engage partners to improve conditions that are known to be key determinants of health.
- Advance planning efforts aimed at creating conditions for healthy people and communities.
A set of concrete projects that are geared towards information sharing, capacity building, and generating collaborative solutions are slated for near-, mid-, and long-term implementation.
Completed projects for the PLAN4Health – Miami Valley Initiative include:
- Health Environment Assessment
- Health Environment Assessment Social Determinates of Health Domain Conditions and Trends
- Health Environment Assessment Equity Analysis
- Health Environment Assessment Equity Analysis by County
- Built Environment Assessment
- Built Environment Assessment County Data Viewer
- Built Environment Assessment Equity Analysis
- Housing Mobility and Accessibility Assessment
- Active Living Interventions Best Practices
- Local Plan Health Assessment
The PLAN4Health – Miami Valley Initiative hub site is a one-stop shop for the latest information on this important regional effort. From this platform, visitors can explore the latest project deliverables and learn more about the intersection of planning and health.
To learn more about the PLAN4Health – Miami Valley Initiative and its future projects and programs, please see our PLAN4Health – Miami Valley Informational Brochure. For additional questions, please contact Martin Kim, Director of Community & Regional Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org.