Construction Projects in Montgomery County provided by ODOT District 7.
- East Fifth Street will close to vehicular traffic between Patterson Boulevard and Wayne Avenue in the Oregon District each weekend this spring and summer, beginning this Friday, March 26. The weekend closures will be in place to accommodate the return of the Out on 5th program to create an increased pedestrian area in the Oregon District. The closure will begin at approximately 3 p.m. each Friday and continue through the weekend with East Fifth Street reopening to vehicular traffic on Monday mornings.
- Interstate 70 Resurfacing– Expect nightly single-lane closures on I-70, in each direction, between Diamond Mill Road and Taywood Drive, on Monday, April 5 through Saturday, July 31, from 7:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. The contractor will be repairing pavement on I-70 and the entrance and exit ramps. The speed limit will be reduced by 15 miles per hour in the work zone.
- Interstate 75 Bridge Repairs – I-75 Bridges over Edwin C. Moses Boulevard and Carillon Boulevard near the Great Miami River in Dayton are scheduled for repairs in September 2020. I-75 will experience a traffic pattern shift, ramp closures and lane restrictions in each direction. Estimated completion: Fall 2022.
Interstate 75 Bridge Repairs - Expect a traffic pattern shift on I-75 northbound between Albany Street and State Route 741 (Springboro Pike) until Sunday, August 22. Three lanes of I-75 northbound will shift to the right of the Interstate. One lane of traffic on I-75 southbound will shift onto I-75 northbound from Stewart Street and then shift back at S.R. 741 (Springboro Pike) in Moraine.
Interstate 75 Bridge Repairs – I-75 southbound will experience nightly lane width restrictions and multiple lane closures, between Albany Street and S.R. 741, on Wednesday, May 19 through Sunday, August 22 from 7:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. Two side-by-side 10’ lanes of I-75 southbound will shift to the right and one 10’ left-lane in the work zone.
Interstate 75 Bridge Repairs – I-75 northbound will experience nightly lane width restrictions, between Albany Street and S.R. 741, on Wednesday, May 19 through Sunday, August 22 from 7:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. Three side-by-side 10’ lanes of I-75 northbound will shift to the right in the work zone.
Interstate 75 Ramp Reconstruction – The I-75 southbound off ramp to State Route 741 (Exit 50 B) will close on Monday, June 28 through Thursday, August 12. Detour: I-75 SB to Dryden Road SB (Exit 50A) to Northlawn EB to S.R. 741
- U.S. 35 to Interstate 75 Ramp Repairs – Construction to replace both U.S. 35 ramps to I-75 Southbound began in the fall of 2019. The two structures being replaced are the U.S. 35 Westbound and U.S. Eastbound to I-75 Southbound ramp bridges. Estimated completion: Summer 2021. Visit the project page for more information.
- Interstate 675 Resurfacing - Expect nightly single and double-lane closures on I-675, in each direction, between Normandy Lane and Wilmington Pike, on Monday, April 12 through Tuesday, August 31 from 7:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
- Wilmington Pike Construction - Expect right lane closures on southbound side of Wilmington Pike between I-675 southbound and northbound ramps, on Tuesday, June 1 through Friday, July 16, from 9:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. The contractor will be setting PCB wall.
- Albany Street Bridge Replacement– Albany Street will close between Campbell Street and Kirkham Street Airway until Monday, August 31, 2021. Barricades and detour signs will be in place to maintain traffic.
- U.S. 35 Ramp Restrictions - U.S. 35 westbound exit ramp to I-75 southbound will experience lane width restrictions from Wednesday, October 14, 2020 through Tuesday, August 31, 2021. Expect the lane to be 11’ wide. The ramp will remain open.
U.S. 35 Ramp Closure - Expect the U.S. Route 35 eastbound ramp to Interstate 75 southbound to close on Sunday, April 11 at 7:00 p.m. through Saturday, September 11 at 7:00 a.m. The contractor will be replacing the ramp bridge over Albany Street. Detour: U.S. 35 EB to I-75 NB, stay right take Second Street (Exit 53), turn left at the bottom of the ramp, turn left to enter I-75 SB.
- U.S. 35 Lane Expansion Project – The U.S. 35 Lane Expansion Project is the second phase of plans to upgrade the corridor between Interstate 75 in Dayton and Interstate 675 in Greene County. This project will widen U.S. 35 from two-lanes to three-lanes in each direction between Smithville Road and I-675. It will also include resurfacing the Woodman Drive entrance ramp to U.S. 35 Westbound. Drivers can expect short-term ramp and lane closures during the project. Estimated completion: Summer 2022.
- U.S. 35 Lane Widening - Expect lane closures and traffic pattern shifts on U.S. 35 between Steve Whalen Boulevard and I-675, in each direction, on Monday, March 1, 2021, through Friday, October 15, 2021. Traffic will be shifted to the existing outside paved shoulder to maintain two lanes of traffic in each direction. The lane widths will vary between 11’ to 12’. This traffic shift and lane reduction will remain in place until Friday, October 15, 2021.
- U.S. 35 Bridge Restrictions - Expect multiple lane closures on U.S. 35 between Liscum Drive and Smithville Road, through Saturday, October 16 from 7:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. There will be one lane of U.S. 35 open, in each direction, in the work zone. Expect 11’ lane width restriction during closures. The contractor will be sealing the bridges, patching decks, and performing seal replacements.
- The State Route 235/State Route 4 Interchange will undergo rehabilitation. The project will raise the S.R. 235 Bridge over S.R. 4, replace the driving surface and install new galvanized beams. This is one of three separate projects to upgrade the State Route 235 Corridor between Montgomery and Greene Counties. During construction, the S.R. 235 Bridge will be closed for up to 150 days beginning in Mid-March through Mid-August.
- Chambersburg Road/S.R. 235 Bridge Repair -Expect the Chambersburg Road/State Route 235 Bridge over State Route 4 to close on Wednesday, March 17, 2021, through Friday, August 13, 2021. Drivers will not have access to these ramps: S.R. 4 NB exit ramp to S.R. 235 and S.R. 235 entrance ramp to S.R. 4 NB. Crews will be rehabilitating the bridge.
- S.R. 235 (SB) Detour: Take S.R. 444 to I-675 NB to I-70 WB to S.R. 201 SB to Chambersburg Road
- S.R. 235 (NB) Detour: Take I-70 EB to I-675 SB to S.R. 444 to S.R. 235
- Chambersburg Rd. (EB) Detour: Take S.R. 201 NB to I-70 EB to I-675 SB to S.R. 444 to S.R. 235
Chambersburg Road/S.R. 235 Ramp Closure - Expect two ramp closures at the State Route 235(Chambersburg Rd.)/State Route 4 Interchange in Huber Heights. The S.R. 235 southbound ramp to Chambersburg Road and the Chambersburg Road ramp to S.R. 4 southbound will close on Tuesday, June 15 through Friday, August 13. The detours will be posted. Crews will be performing various improvements and traffic signal work. S.R. 235 SB Detour: I-70 W TO S.R. 201 SB TO Chambersburg Rd. Chambersburg Detour: I-675 NB to I-70 WB to S.R. 4 SB
- State Route 4 Platform Installation- Expect single-lane closures on State Route 4 at State Route 235/Chambersburg Rd., in each direction, on Monday, April 5, 2021, through Friday, August 9, 2021. The Contractor will be installing work platforms at the piers and placing portable barriers at the interchange. Traffic will be maintained in the work zone.
- State Route 725 Bridge Repairs- S.R. 725 in Washington Township will experience shoulder closures, in each direction, between Leona Lane and Yankee Street, on Tuesday, May 11 at 9:00 p.m. through Monday, August 23 at 7:00 a.m. Crews will be setting PCB along the shoulders of the S.R. 725 bridge over Holes Creek. Traffic will be maintained.
- State Route 48 Resurfacing– Expect lane closures on S.R. 48 in Kettering, in each direction, between East David Road and Dorothy Lane, on Monday, May 3 through Sunday, July 27 from 7:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m. The contractor will be resurfacing S.R. 48. Signs and arrow boards will be in place to help maintain traffic.
- Springfield Street Pavement Construction – Springfield Street in Riverside will experience single-lane closures between Harshman Boulevard and State Route 444/Greene County Line, on Monday, March 15, through Wednesday, September 1, from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. The Contractor for ODOT will be reconstructing Harshman Road. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
- Pedestrian Safety Upgrades in Dayton – Expect several lane restrictions at intersections throughout the City of Dayton for pedestrian upgrades on Monday, April 26 at 7:00 a.m. through Sunday, August 1 at 7:00 p.m. The upgrades include new pedestrian refuge islands, curb extensions, upgrading signing, pavement markings, replacing curb ramps and upgrading pedestrian signals. For a complete list of locations click here.