The Current LRTP is a 25 year multi modal transportation plan with a base year of 2010 and a planning horizon year of 2040.
2040 Long Range Transportation Plan
On May 5, 2016, the MVRPC Board of Directors adopted the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan, an update to the previous Plan. The 2040 LRTP is a 25 year multimodal transportation plan with a base year of 2010 and a planning horizon year of 2040. The 2040 LRTP lists roadway, transit, bikeway/pedestrian, and transportation alternative projects that reflect the region's shared values from various stakeholders in the region, including local elected officials, planners, engineers, business community, special interest groups, and the general public. The Plan also reflects current and projected land uses, demographics, economic conditions, traffic conditions, and Local/State/Federal priorities.
The 2040 LRTP Report and Executive Summary are listed below and may be downloaded in full, or by individual chapters.
- Preface and Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Compliance with Federal, State, And Local Planning Requirements
- Chapter 3: State of the Region
- Chapter 4: Long Range Transportation Planning & the Congestion Management Process
- Chapter 5: Congestion Management Strategies —Highway
- Chapter 6: Congestion Management Strategies —Transit
- Chapter 7: Alternative Modes and Development Choices
- Chapter 8: Environmental Planning
- Chapter 9: Community Impact Assessment
- Chapter 10: Public Participation and Consultation
- Maps: All 11x17
- Public Participation Summary Report