The Current LRTP is a 30 year multi modal transportation plan with a base year of 2010 and a planning horizon year of 2050.
2050 Long Range Transportation Plan
On May 6, 2021, the MVRPC Board of Directors adopted the 2050 Long Range Transportation Plan, an update to the previous Plan. The 2050 LRTP is a 30 year multimodal transportation plan with a base year of 2010 and a planning horizon year of 2050.
The 2050 LRTP lists roadway, transit, bikeway/pedestrian, and transportation alternative projects that reflect the region's shared values from various stakeholders in the region, including local elected officials, planners, engineers, business community, special interest groups, and the general public. The Plan also reflects current and projected land uses, demographics, economic conditions, traffic conditions, and Local/State/Federal priorities. The 2050 LRTP also incorporates several new initiatives including transportation performance management (Chapter 8), a pedestrian crash risk assessment study (Chapter 4), automated and connected vehicles scenario planning (Chapter 4), a revised project evaluation system (Chapter 5), an extensive discussion on climate change(Chapter 9), and basic accessibility analyses and equity considerations (Chapter 10).
The 2050 LRTP Report and Executive Summary are listed below and may be downloaded in full, or by individual chapters.
- Preface and Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Federal, State, and Local Planning Requirements
- Chapter 3: State of the Region
- Chapter 4: Long Range Transportation Planning and The Congestion Management Process
- Chapter 5: Congestion Management Strategies — Highway
- Chapter 6: Congestion Management Strategies — Transit
- Chapter 7: Alternate Modes and Development Choices
- Chapter 8: Transportation Performance Management
- Chapter 9: Environmental Planning
- Chapter 10: Community Impact Statement
- Chapter 11: Public Participation and Consultation
- Appendix A: Conformity Interagency Consultation
- Maps: All 11x17
- Financial Summary
- Public Participation Summary Report