Sustainability Roundtable: Textile Recycling
Registration is re-open for the new date, April 3, 2018
Textiles are among the fastest growing segment of the residential waste stream. In 2014, 16 million tons of textile waste was generated in the U.S. According to the EPA, only 15% of textiles are donated in some fashion while the other 85% gets land filled or incinerated.
Come join us for a panel presentation and discussion with Rumpke, Montgomery County Solid Waste, Cincinnati’s Office of Environment and Sustainability, and Simple Recycling. You will learn about the impacts of the “National Sword” (China’s customs inspection program), Cincinnati’s experience launching a free curbside textile recycling program, local recycling efforts and other waste reduction and recycling tips.
The session will be held:
April 3, 2018
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Lake Conference Room
Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission
10 N. Ludlow Street, Suite 700
Dayton, OH 45402
The session is free, but preregistration is required. Registration closes March 30, 2018. Attendees are responsible for parking costs.
Please contact Matt Lindsay via email or call 937.531.6548 for more information.