Construction projects on US 35
- U.S. 35 to Interstate 75 Ramp Repairs – Construction to replace both U.S. 35 ramps to I-75 Southbound began in the fall of 2019. The two structures being replaced are the U.S. 35 Westbound and U.S. Eastbound to I-75 Southbound ramp bridges. Estimated completion: Summer 2021. Visit the project page for more information.
U.S. 35 Lane Expansion Project – The U.S. 35 Lane Expansion Project is the second phase of plans to upgrade the corridor between Interstate 75 in Dayton and Interstate 675 in Greene County. This project will widen U.S. 35 from two lanes to three lanes in each direction between Smithville Road and I-675. It will also include resurfacing the Woodman Drive entrance ramp to U.S. 35 Westbound. Drivers can expect short-term ramp and lane closures during the project. Estimated completion: Summer 2022. Visit the project page for more information.
U.S. 35 Lane Widening - Expect lane closures and traffic pattern shifts on U.S. 35 between Steve Whalen Boulevard and I-675, in each direction, on Monday, March 1, 2021, through Friday, October 15, 2021. Beginning Monday, March 1 through Friday, March 5, U.S. 35 will experience nightly lane closures, in each direction. The Contractor will be removing the edge lines on U.S. 35 and replacing them with a temporary barrier wall. On Monday, March 8 expect the left lanes of U.S. 35, to close permanently, in both directions. Traffic will be shifted to the existing outside paved shoulder to maintain two lanes of traffic in each direction. The lane widths will vary between 11’ to 12’. This traffic shift and lane reduction will remain in place until Friday, October 15, 2021.
U.S. 35 Bridge Restrictions - Expect multiple lane closures on U.S. 35 between Liscum Drive and Smithville Road, on Monday, April 12 through Saturday, October 16 from 7:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. There will be one lane of U.S. 35 open, in each direction, in the work zone. Expect 11’ lane width restriction during closures. The contractor will be sealing the bridges, patching decks, and performing seal replacements.
U.S. 35 Bridge Work/Ramp Closures- Multiple U.S. 35 ramps will close Friday, September 17 through Tuesday, September 28 from 8:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m. Here is the list of ramps; the Ludlow Street entrance ramp to U.S. 35 eastbound will close two nights, Friday, September 24 and Saturday, September 25. The Keowee Street entrance ramp to U.S. 35 Eastbound will close two nights; Friday, September 24 and Saturday, September 25. The U.S. 35 eastbound exit ramp to Keowee Street will close Thursday, September 23 – Friday, September 24. The U.S. 35 westbound exit ramp to Ludlow St./Perry St. will close Thursday, September 23 – Friday, September 24. The U.S. 35 eastbound to I-75 Southbound ramp will close on Monday, September 27 from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. The U.S. 35 westbound to I-75 Southbound ramp will close on Monday, September 27 from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
• Ludlow St. Detour: Stout St. to S. Main St. to S. Patterson Blvd.
• Keowee St/U.S. 35 EB Detour: Wayne Ave. to Buckeye St. to Jefferson St.
• U.S. 35 EB/Keowee St. Detour: Steve Whalen Blvd. to Wyoming St. to Wayne Ave.
• Steve Whalen Blvd. Detour: Steve Whalen Blvd. to Wyoming St. to Wayne Ave. to U.S. 35 WB
• U.S. 35 WB/Jefferson St. Detour: Ludlow St./Perry St. left exit to Perry St. to Washington St. to Jefferson St.
• U.S. 35 WB/Ludlow St. Detour: James H. McGee Blvd. to U.S. 35 EB to Perry St./Ludlow St.
• U.S. 35EB to I-75 SB Detour: US35 EB to I75 NB ramp and take the next Exit 53 Second St. Stay in the left lane of the ramp and turn left at the bottom of the ramp. Turn left again to enter I75 SB.
• U.S. 35 WB to I-75 SB Detour: US35 WB to I75 NB and take the next Exit 53 Second St. Stay in left lane and turn left at bottom of the ramp. Turn left again to enter onto I75 SB.
U.S. 35 Paving Operation - Expect nightly lane closures on U.S. 35 eastbound and westbound, between Smithville Road and I-675, from Monday, September 20 to Monday, October 25, from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. One lane of traffic will be available during these times. Crews are doing pavement work.
U.S. 35 Superstreet - Between Factory Road and Orchard Lane. Traffic is being maintained in two lanes in each direction, with intermittent, single-lane restrictions may be in effect weekdays during evening/overnight hours, from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. The project is scheduled to be completed in Summer 2022.
In Greene County, ODOT will construct two new, innovative intersections called Superstreets in an effort to improve congestion and safety at the intersections of U.S. 35 at Factory Road and U.S. 35 at Orchard Lane. Previous studies of the U.S. 35 corridor in Greene County recommended eliminating the at-grade intersections and constructing interchanges to convert the four-lane route to a limited access facility in order to improve traffic safety, efficiency and flow. However, funding constraints have dictated the department consider lower-cost options to move a project forward that will improve safety while meeting current and future traffic demands. As a result, ODOT developed the U.S. 35 Superstreet project to eliminate the at-grade crossings at the Factory Road and Orchard Lane intersections. Local funding has been made available for this project, and partners have included the Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission, Beavercreek Township, Greene County Engineer, the city of Beavercreek and the Federal Highway Administration.
- Construction is underway and expected to be completed by late 2022. In addition to these major improvements, there are several other maintenances and smaller-scale projects taking place in the U.S. 35 corridor in the coming years. Visit the ODOT Project Page to learn more.
- Various restrictions between Factory Road and Orchard Lane for construction of an RCUT-style Superstreet. Traffic on U.S. 35 will be maintained in a minimum of one lane in each direction. Intersecting streets will be affected at various intervals during construction.
S.R. 725, U.S. 35 & U.S. 42 Vegetation Clearing - On S.R. 725, between Lower Bellbrook Road and U.S. 42; on U.S. 35, near the interchange with Old 35; and on U.S. 42, between Hickman Road and Old US 42. Traffic will be maintained by arrow boards, traffic cones and/or flaggers as needed.