Construction projects on US 35
- U.S. 35 Superstreet - Single-lane restrictions between Factory Road and Orchard Lane weekdays from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. the following day and on weekends from 7 p.m. to 2 p.m. the following day. The project is scheduled to be completed in Summer 2022.
In Greene County, ODOT will construct two new, innovative intersections called Superstreets in an effort to improve congestion and safety at the intersections of U.S. 35 at Factory Road and U.S. 35 at Orchard Lane. Previous studies of the U.S. 35 corridor in Greene County recommended eliminating the at-grade intersections and constructing interchanges to convert the four-lane route to a limited access facility in order to improve traffic safety, efficiency and flow. However, funding constraints have dictated the department consider lower-cost options to move a project forward that will improve safety while meeting current and future traffic demands. As a result, ODOT developed the U.S. 35 Superstreet project to eliminate the at-grade crossings at the Factory Road and Orchard Lane intersections. Local funding has been made available for this project, and partners have included the Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission, Beavercreek Township, Greene County Engineer, the city of Beavercreek and the Federal Highway Administration. Single-lane restrictions between Factory Road and Orchard Lane weekdays from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. the following day and on weekends from 7 p.m. to 2 p.m. the following day.
Construction is underway and expected to be completed by late 2022. In addition to these major improvements, there are several other maintenances and smaller-scale projects taking place in the U.S. 35 corridor in the coming years. Visit the ODOT Project Page to learn more.
- Various restrictions between Factory Road and Orchard Lane for construction of an RCUT-style Superstreet. Traffic on U.S. 35 will be maintained in a minimum of one lane in each direction. Intersecting streets will be affected at various intervals during construction.
- U.S. 35 Ramp Restrictions - U.S. 35 westbound exit ramp to I-75 southbound will experience lane width restrictions through Tuesday, August 31, 2021. Expect the lane to be 11’ wide. The ramp will remain open.
- U.S. 35 Ramp Closure - Expect the U.S. Route 35 eastbound ramp to Interstate 75 southbound to close through Tuesday, August 31st at 7:00 a.m. The contractor will be replacing the ramp bridge over Albany Street. Detour: S. 35 EB to I-75 NB, stay right take Second Street (Exit 53), turn left at the bottom of the ramp, turn left to enter I-75 SB.
- U.S. 35 Lane Expansion Project – The U.S. 35 Lane Expansion Project is the second phase of plans to upgrade the corridor between Interstate 75 in Dayton and Interstate 675 in Greene County. This project will widen U.S. 35 from two-lanes to three-lanes in each direction between Smithville Road and I-675. It will also include resurfacing the Woodman Drive entrance ramp to U.S. 35 Westbound. Drivers can expect short-term ramp and lane closures during the project. Estimated completion: Summer 2022.
- U.S. 35 Lane Widening - Expect lane closures and traffic pattern shifts on U.S. 35 between Steve Whalen Boulevard and I-675, in each direction, on Monday, March 1, 2021, through Friday, October 15, 2021. Traffic will be shifted to the existing outside paved shoulder to maintain two lanes of traffic in each direction. The lane widths will vary between 11’ to 12’. This traffic shift and lane reduction will remain in place until Friday, October 15, 2021.
- U.S. 35 Bridge Restrictions - Expect multiple lane closures on U.S. 35 between Liscum Drive and Smithville Road, through Saturday, October 16 from 7:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. There will be one lane of U.S. 35 open, in each direction, in the work zone. Expect 11’ lane width restriction during closures. The contractor will be sealing the bridges, patching decks, and performing seal replacements.