In 2018 the Greater Regional Mobility Initiative (GRMI) was launched by the Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission (MVRPC) through the support of the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT). The GRMI is a pilot project that will help create transportation connections for those with disabilities and older adults within the nine counties listed below:
The Greater Miami Valley Region will better meet community needs effectively and efficiently by addressing transportation challenges through a regional coordinated effort. Much of the transportation available is based on a single county transit system leading to a fragmented approach and unmet needs. ODOT recognized there was an opportunity to bring counties together to transform the way we view and fund human service and transportation programs. The GRMI was introduced and the Greater Miami Valley Region Transportation Coordination Plan was developed.
The Plan is a roadmap to building this regional effort in coordinating transportation and positively impacting the mobility for the people who call the Miami Valley Region their home. It identifies community transportation resources, compiles statistics of the target population, identifies transportation needs and outlines strategies to fill in the gaps and reduce duplications of service.
Two goals have been completed since the launch of the program:
- The development of the Greater Miami Valley Region Transportation Coordination Plan.
- The formation of a council to lead the regionalized coordinated transportation planning process.
In the coming years, regionalization is expected to transform the coordinated planning process across the State of Ohio.
A link to the plan can be found here or call Elizabeth Baxter at 937-531-6538, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions.
Download the complete Greater Miami Valley Region Transportation Coordination Plan 2019-2022 or download individual sections below.
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1 - Characteristics of the Miami Valley
- Chapter 2 - Assessment of Transportation Needs and Gaps
- Chapter 3 - Overview of Available Services
- Chapter 4 - Goals and Strategies
- Chapter 5 - Plan Adoption
- Appendix A - County Geography
- Appendix B - County Demographics
- Appendix C - County-Generated Goals, Strategies, and Action Steps
- Appendix D - Provider INventory and Characteristics of Service
- Appendix E - Vehicle Utilization
- Appendix F - List of Planning Committee Participants
- Appendix G - Glossary
GREATER REGIONAL MOBILITY INITIATIVE PLAN IMPLEMENTATION
Progress on the GRMI project is only possible with the collaboration of the mobility managers and community partners. Moving forward in 2020, together we will begin to implement the Plan as a region and work to accomplish the following goals:
- Continue to convene a regional coordinated council
- Assist in the creation of regional transportation coordination
- Advocate for the alignment of transportation reimbursement structures
- Investigate the alignment of transportation drivers
- Create a prioritized process for funding that meets the needs of documented transportation gaps for the Greater Miami Valley Region
TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS/MOBILITY MANAGEMENT
To learn more about the transportation options in the Greater Miami Valley Region, click on the following links:
Champaign, Darke, Logan, Miami, Preble, and Shelby Counties: RideLink
Logan County: Logan County Rides
Miami, Montgomery, and Greene Counties: Miami Valley Ride Finder
Preble County: Preble County Transit
Clark County: Link Coming Soon
Greater Region Mobility Initiative (GRMI) Council
The next Greater Region Mobility Initiative (GRMI) Council meeting will be held on February 4, 2020 from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
Location: Greene County Media Room
541 Ledbetter Road
Xenia, OH 45385
Free parking is available on site.
If you know of an agency that may benefit from participating, feel free to extend this invitation on our behalf.
Pre-registrations is requested. Registration closes 4 pm on January 29, 2020.