The Regional Livable Communities Sub-Committee is an advisory group appointed by the Institute Steering Committee. Their role is to:
- Provide oversight, guidance and advisory leadership to accomplish the mission and vision for the Institute for the Regional Livable Communities Initiative.
- Conduct research, outreach, public engagement and other data gathering efforts in order to provide recommendations to the ISC for programs, policies and campaigns in order to accomplish the strategic direction for the Institute according to the priorities established by the ISC.
- Execute programs, outreach, events and educational awareness campaigns in order to accomplish the strategic direction for the Institute according to the priorities established by the ISC.
- Develop benchmarks, metrics and dashboards for the respective initiative. Likewise, develop evaluative processes for all sub-committee efforts and report results regularly to the ISC.
- Create, gather and promote extensively resources, best practices and tools in support of the strategic direction for the Institute according to the priorities established by the ISC.
- Provide technical assistance to MVRPC member organizations and community partners as they endeavor to accomplish elements of Institute work within their organizations.
- Determine the resources necessary to accomplish the established strategic priorities established by the ISC and either request from the ISC those resources or endeavor to secure them through partnerships or alternative funding opportunities.
- Ensure that participation in the Regional Livable Communities Initiative represents and includes in meaningful ways all communities throughout the Miami Valley Region.