SSTA Planning/GIS Internship Opportunity
The Sustainable Solutions and Transportation Alternatives and Public Information departments of the Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission (MVRPC) has one full time (30-40 hours per week) planning/GIS internship position open during the summer of 2018 (beginning in May through August).
- GIS-based sidewalk inventory update
- Hazardous materials transportation survey and report
- Human Services Transportation Coordination Plan data analysis and focus groups
- Communication/outreach responsibilities
- Administrative duties
Applicants should possess: knowledge of planning principles and practices; working knowledge of GIS; familiarity with research techniques; skill in the use of various basic software (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc).
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree (undergraduate or graduate) program in planning, geography, communications, or related field
- Currently in the second year toward completing a Bachelor’s degree program.
- A personal vehicle to drive and a valid driver’s license are required for field work during working hours.
- Some practical professional experience preferred.
Submit a resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: March 23, 2018.
An Equal Opportunity Employer