Planning/GIS Internship Opportunity
The Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission (MVRPC) has one full time (30-40 hours per week) planning/GIS internship position open during the Fall of 2016 (approximately from August 15, 2016 to December 23, 2016) to assist with various regional planning activities, including:
- Long and Short-Range Transportation Planning
- Special Planning Studies
- Land Use Planning
- Data Update, Data Analysis and Map Production using Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Field Surveys/Data Collection
Applicants should possess: knowledge of planning principles and practices; working knowledge of GIS; familiarity with research techniques; skill in the use of various basic software (word processing, databases, spreadsheet, etc).
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree (undergraduate or graduate) program in planning, geography, or related field
- Must have completed a minimum of two years of Bachelor’s degree program course work.
- A personal vehicle to drive and a valid drivers license are required (field work)
- Some practical professional experience preferred.
Submit a resume via e-mail to email@example.com. Application deadline: July 29, 2016
An Equal Opportunity Employer