Active Transportation Planner I
The Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission is accepting applications for a Planner I specializing in Active Transportation planning. The Planner I is part of the planning team responsible for the regional active transportation plan, congestion mitigation efforts, water and air quality management, sustainability and environmental programs. Duties include participation in development and implementation of the active transportation plan, support for the regional bikeways network, analysis and technical assistance for deployment of EV networks, and support for regional congestion mitigation and air quality programs. Additional duties include collecting, maintaining, and analyzing data in a GIS environment, technical data analysis, plan writing, technical assistance to member jurisdictions, the ability to effectively summarize the data for presentations and participation in various regional committees.
MVRPC serves an innovative multi-county region of approximately one million people in the area surrounding Dayton, OH (southwest Ohio). The agency provides planning services to member jurisdictions, and also functions as the MPO for the Dayton area.
Desired skills and experience
- Demonstrated skill in the use of GIS software (ArcMap) to analyze data and answer questions related to the planning process;
- Understanding of sustainability and environmental planning, programming;
- Must possess demonstrated experience with: Plan writing, research and technical writing skills; ability to gather, organize, and analyze information/data of a technical nature;
- Effective oral/written/presentation communication skills; ability to deal effectively with the public;
- Proficient in Microsoft suite products, Word, Access, and Excel;
- Must have the ability to travel to meetings and project sites throughout the Region;
- Transportation or environmental planning experience is strongly preferred.
Minimum Qualifications include:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, planning, urban studies, geography, or related field; with a minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
Preferred Qualifications include:
Master’s degree in engineering, planning, urban studies, geography, or related field substitutes for experience.
Starting salary for this entry level planning position will be determined based on qualifications, from $38,000. Submit a cover letter and resume via e- mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail to Personnel, Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission, 10 North Ludlow, Suite 700, Dayton, OH 45402.
To learn more about Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission, visit our website www.mvrpc.org.
Application deadline: Open until filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer