Phase I - Existing Condition Assessment Physical and Non-Physical Condition Evaluation
The purpose of Phase I of Going Places initiative is to answer the question of where we are. More specifically, the first phase is to evaluate the Region's physical landscape and to identify various socioeconomic trends in the Region.
- More information is available in the
Going Places Phase I brochure.
Between July 2007 and May 2009, various studies were completed evaluating two dimensions of the existing condition of the Region: land supply and land demand.
For the Physical Condition Evaluation, the land supply dimension, the three main goals were:
- Evaluate the Region's land development suitability based on both natural and build environment factors
- Examine the existing use of land, including land use intensities in the Region
- Identify developable land in the Region for potential future development
For the Non-Physical Condition Evaluation, the land demand dimension, the three main goals were:
- Identify how much land is devoted to different types of land uses
- Identify socioeconomic trends and develop socioeconomic projections
- Translate these projections into future land demand