GIS becomes a useful tool for planning when more and more resources are available to use. Along with its own GIS resources, MVRPC also offers links to other useful resources for GIS professionals.
MVRPC Regional Resources on ArcGIS Online
MVRPC Regional Resources on ArcGIS Online is a place to share resources about the greater Dayton, Ohio region
Statewide and County Resources
MVRPC has aggregated a list of the many State and County level GIS data sources available online for easy access to some useful data sources.
Ohio Statewide Imagery Program (OSIP)
This aerial orthophotography program was conducted for the state previously in 2007-2008. OSIP II was authorized in February 2011 and will take place over a 4 year period (2011-2014). This will make digital orthophotos available for the entire area. For more information, see http://ogrip.oit.ohio.gov/ServicesData/GEOhioSpatialInformationPortal/OhioSpatialDataInfrastructureDownloads.aspx
Southwest Ohio GIS Users Group
The Southwest Ohio GIS Users Group was born out of the desire to provide GIS professionals in the region, an avenue for communication.
- Southwest Ohio GIS Users Group
- Ohio Geographically Referenced Information Program (OGRIP)
- OGRIP Resources
- ODNR's GIMS
- Ohio EPA
- Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC)
- USGS - The National Map - Seamless Server
- Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
- Urban Regional Information System Association (URISA)
- Geospatial Information and Technology Association (GITA)
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Montgomery County Engineer’s Office, Contours
- Montgomery County Engineer’s Office, Land Records
- Montgomery County Engineer’s Office, Geodetic Control